Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter and Birthdays

Well this Easter was a little different for us. We drove down to Utah for my niece's 7th birthday party and planned for the Easter Bunny to meet us there. Unfortunately, I managed to contract some strange cow disease from branding and spent the entire trip sick in bed at my sister's house. Jordan was on a cross-country trip in the semi picking up pivots in Nebraska, so my sister and parents had the fun task of taking care of my little bundles of joy and ME!

Despite my misery, I did manage to drag myself out of bed long enough to go to the egg hunt with Reiny. She did great and was so sweet! She'd pick up candy and put it in the younger kids baskets! Too cute! She and her cute cousin Kate (say that 10 times fast!) are just about the same age so they worked together to fill their baskets with the "loot." Kate is allergic to gluten and picked up a package of crackers. I said "Kate, no! Those have gluten!" and she immediately turned and put the crackers in Reiny's bucket. They are so fun to watch together!





Malisia turned 7 and had a "Wild Things" party. An animal handler came to the house with lots of fun animals for the kids to touch and observe. Reiny loved the dancing bird the best and still tries to imitate her and her "funky dance." I thought the iguana and tortoises where quite amazing and loved watching Reiny jump when the pigmy hedgehog "sneezed" at her. All in all, the trip was quite fun (at least for my kids) and I'm glad we went. Otherwise, I'd have been deathly ill at home by myself with the two kids!


1 comment:

Taylor's said...

Oh Susan . . . .I want those pictures! They made me cry! Those two girls get along so dang well . . . why again are we 6 hours away from each other?

It seriously meant the world to Malisia to have her family here and support her! She still keeps asking, "So, Mom, I must be awesome because BOTH Uncle David's family and Susan's Family came to my party!"

I am sooo sorry you were sick; I would do it all over again if I had to - I sure do love and admire you!