Thursday, June 26, 2008

WARNING!!! Venting Woman!

Yesturday, Jordan and I went to Idaho Falls together...yes, TOGETHER! Lately I've been feeling like I've lost my husband with as much as he's been working, but that's just life when you own your own business. His schedule lately has been...get up at 5 am, out the door by 6 am after an hour of worrying about how he's going to get everything done. Then he's gone until 9 or 10 pm, unless he's working in Pashimeroi, in which case I usually get a call at 10 pm saying he'll be home in an hour. Last week he left for work at 7 am and then at 3:30 am (the next morning) I called to see when he'd be home. He said, "I've just about finished wiring this pivot and then once I've got it going I'll be home." He got in at 4:20 am then the phone was ringing again at 6:15 am. Is it any wonder this man gets sick as often as he does!?!

I feel so bad for him. I used to be with him on all of these jobs, then when he needed a clone of himself to finish another job, I was his man! I love being a mother, but I really miss being able to work like I used to. Reiny comes with me for a lot of stuff, but she's still too little to just cart to every jobsite. Maybe by next year we can work like we used to, but until then Jordan is left by himself with a laundry list of projects that need finished yesturday! We've gone through so many employees this year. I swear...it doesn't matter how much you pay someone, you can't make them grow a brain! Sounds harsh, but it's true!

Well, I really shouldn't be venting like this, but sometimes things just build up to an explosion point!!! AHHH!

Well, in any case...yesturday Jordan and I went to Idaho Falls together. I had a doctors appointment and needed to grocery shop, and Jordan needed more parts to finish a job. Jordan watched Reiny for me during my appointment, and then she went down for a nap at the house there in I.F. and Jordan stayed with her while I grocery shopped. I almost forgot how much easier it is to shop without an infant!!! Reiny got her nap (and so did Jordan) and we were all very happy! We went to eat and did some window shopping for a new vehicle and just enjoyed our time together as a family for the first time in months!!!

Jordan tells me he's almost done with all of these jobs and then things will get back to normal (whatever normal is for us!). However, I'm sure he'll finish these jobs and then haying season will be rearing its ugly little head again!!!

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

So Sorry to hear all the problems!

Call when you need a hand; I would have to bring the girls and I think I have a "brain" but if by some chance I do not I could tend the ALL the girls while Jordan's clone, you, goes and helps!

I wish I was there when you needed me most! I sure do love you. AND like I ALWAYS say, you are definately more of a woman, mother and wife than I could ever be.

Miss all of you tons! And it makes me smile to hear that you all enjoyed a semi-relaxing day in IF as a FAMILY!

Dan and Patrice said...

I know...Hire Dan and I. We could move to Leadore and help out! I know that we have awful allergies, but we can get medicated :). I LOVE the idea. You could teach me how to whip up a pie...no problem. We sure do love and miss you guys!! I need a trip to the ranch...it's been too long!