Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Mexico Trip

Back in August, we made a trip to visit my parents in New Mexico. It's been almost 2 years since we'd been there, and I'd almost forgotten how much we love visiting New Mexico. We also chose to drive the whole 16 hours down there and back with Reiny! I was a bit worried about how she'd handle it, but she did awesome, so I can't really complain. It saved us a bunch of money over flying and we had a good time enjoying the ride down there. We stopped and visited Dave and Lauren and the kids the first night and then went to Durango, Colorado the second night. Reiny got to swim and ride her bike so that was a lot of fun. The trip home was long! We drove from my parents house all the way to Idaho Falls in one leg! Reiny did far better than I did!! In any case, we had an awesome time and loved loved loved visiting my parents. They really did cater to use. We went to the Santa Fe children's museum, the park, the Albequerque Zoo (for baby elephant, Daizy's, 1st b-day), rode the tram to the top of the mountain and had dinner at the restaurant there, and we went to Bandelier National Monument which Reiny just loved! On the way to New Mexico, we stopped at Hole In the Rock in Utah and went through the house carved into the mountain and the petting zoo. This trip was just so relaxing and fun. We also learned that Reiny can swim! She's always been too afraid to let go of us in the water to venture out on her own, but in Durango, she did it!!! I was amazed!!


1 comment:

Taylor's said...

Isn't so much fun to go "home" even if we never lived there??? There is just something about being at Mom and Dad's house!

SO glad you had so much fun!

I am getting ready to post about our trip here in a couple of hours!

I just got caught up .. .

and don't forget you stopped off and saw us!