Monday, August 3, 2009

Just some things I've been thinkin' about...

1. How come, for my 1st anniversay "I" got a 17HMR rifle instead of the trip to Yellowstone I'd planned, and now for my 7th anniversary, I got a Honda 230CFR Motor Bike instead of the hot tub I thought "we" wanted?

2. Why is it, that Jordan can build and fix quarter-mile+ irrigation systems and have them working so specifically that you can program them to apply an even amount of water across 160 acres, but he can't fix the sink in the bathroom in a way that will keep it from leaking for more than a month?

3. Why do bishopric members assume that a mother of a toddler would just "love" to be the new nursery leader?

4. How come, no one likes to post comments on my blog? Am I just that boring...? Probably...

5. Why do mommies not get "sick days" but daddies expect to be cared for like a toddler when their "tummies hurt real bad!"?

6. Does anyone else wake up in the morning one day and feel like everything is in order, and then the next day wake up thinking "I have nothing to look forward to today..." when in actuality there are lots of things to look forward to...?

7. Does any other woman out there sacrifice her secret "wants" for her family's (ie. husband's) "wants"?

8. Why am I not a trust-fund baby?

9. Why does Obama think it's ok to take my hard-earned money, the money for which I've literally skinned my nuckles bloody, and give it to the stupid porch monkey living on welfare? (That was probably off color, but I just got notified of a new tax that Obama wants to impose on cattle owners...the Methane Tax, because cows FART and add to the greenhouse gases!)

10. Is it wrong to blog about the things you stick in the back of your mind and constantly try to push aside to "maintain the peace"? Won't they eventually reach the surface somehow?

Sorry if this post seems somber, but I've really been wondering about these things lately...it's hard to push aside all the negativity around you every day...I'll keep trying though...I'm sure I'll like riding behind Jordan on his new dirt bike, and maybe I'll even learn how to ride it some day. I know Reiny loves going for rides with her daddy...at least that's something.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Please tell me you are not the new nursery leader. That is just wrong!!! I am a firm believe that if you have a child in nursery you should NOT be called as a nursery leader.

I don't think you are wrong or crazy for feeling these things...and I definitely don't think it's wrong to post about them. Heaven knows that if posting personal feelings in wrong, then I'm in big trouble:)

Taylor's said...

I love this blog post because every blog you get on it is always happy, happy - you wonder if they are on some heavy medications to make them that way!

Are you the new nursery leader? And seriously no hot tub! Bummer!

And about the trust-fund baby - just remember we may not be trust-fund babies but I am sure we will be very well taken care of in a will.

Sure do miss you! Wish you were here with me!

Jess said...

You pose some serious questions Suz-but let me tell you at least for Mother's day you didn't get a new tractor and bailor like Jan did five years ago. Just let Jorday know the hot tub thing isn't over!!! Tell his this bike is part of his birthday present and the rest is a bag of his favorite candy. I'm sorry because it is my fault you are the new nursery leader, I will sub for you ANYTIME you need it remember that. I owe you one!

Jeff Taylor said...

Comment

Allison said...

Oh you poor thing! Nusery?! I feel for you sweetie!

As for the rest of this blog, I agree with Catherine. It's so nice to know that other people, or moms, feel this way! Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest and who cares if someone thinks it's boring? It's important to YOU and that's what matters. Don't worry about what others think of your blog. I for one LOVE reading it as it's my only link to you right now! LOL!! I've missed you and Catherine for sooo long and I'm glad I've found you both and can keep up with your lives, even if only reading about them. :)

You are one AWESOME lady Susan and don't you forget it!