Monday, November 14, 2011

Baptism Year

This has really been the year for baptisms! In June, my nephew in Utah was baptised; then in the beginning of October, Jordan's nephew was baptised, and then just last week, our niece was baptised. Also, next Spring, my niece in Utah will take the plunge. Wow! What a year for it!

I really love baptisms, but this last one was really special. G-bomb asked me to give the baptismal talk at her baptism, which totally blew me away! I got searching through my own memorabilia from my baptism and then realized that G was getting baptised the exact same day as me, 20 years apart (now you all know how old I am!). It was a wonderful surprise, and something the two of us can always share.

I wanted to get a picture of all the cousins from the Whittaker side of the family, but getting all those little ones together is slightly more difficult than herding cats! Oh, well! Maybe next time!



1 comment:

Taylor's said...

Look at the light in Miss G's eyes! True heaven on earth!

And please don't remind me that Miss M will be old enough to be baptized . . . kind of scary as a Mom to know your child is now "accountable" but on the same time it is soo exciting!

What a fun experience for all of the cousins and family!