Friday, August 26, 2011

The Picture-taking is Coming Along

Jordan's cousin, Lacey, got married last weekend at a beautiful home not far from here. The grounds were absolutely lovely, so I thought it would make a nice opportunity to take some pictures of my two little ones before the summer's over and the ground is once again covered in a thick blanket of snow.

My mother always sends my girls the most adorable dresses for Easter, but seeing as I was as sick as I've ever been over Easter weekend, I never took any pictures of my girls in their dresses. Therefore, the Easter Dresses became the Wedding Outfits and also the wardrobe for our summer pictures.




The Bride


As a side note, I've just finished reading a book on photography that my sister-in-law, Shauna-the photographer, recommended. I'm really facsinated with photography and have been working hard to improve my techniques and "creative-eye." I need a tutoring session from Shauna, but otherwise, I think I'm making progress...now if I could just get the new lense I want...

Also, if you've never seen Shauna's work, you should visit her site at www.photographydujour.com She's amazing!

3 comments:

Jess said...

The pics turned out super cute! What book was it? I would love to read it too as I'm always trying my hand at improving my photography skills. :)

Taylor's said...

Darling photos of the girls! What book did she have you read???

And I can't wait to soak up her knowledge when we fly back for Thanksgiving!

Hope things are going well - it has been an awful long time since I have heard from anyone on the ranch!

TheLoyacanos said...

Your girls are gorgeous...and look so much like you. I love that I can keep up with what is going on in your life even though you are practically a million miles away.