Friday, August 22, 2008

Been a While

It's been a while since I've taken time to post about what's going on here. A few weeks ago we got a break from baling with the arrival of a gorgeous rain storm, so we went to Lava Hot Springs for our anniversary...6 years!!! It's hard to believe it's been that long, but looking back we've had so many exciting adventures that few people ever experience (or would want to for that matter). Well in any case, we left late on Friday night and drove to Lava through some of the craziest rainstorms I've ever seen in the west. I took some gorgeous pictures of the valley as we were leaving that helps remind me of why I choose to stay in this isolated land in which I currently reside.


We got to Lava and stayed in our friend Quin's cabin. It is so nice and isolated in the trees above the town. On Saturday we went swimming and I was the only person brave enough to jump off of the 40' platform. Unfortunately Reiny got tired and needed to nap so we left shortly after that so I could never convince Jordan to give it a go!
We stayed one more night and came home on Sunday. It was a nice break that was greatly needed. Hopefully we'll get to have a few more days like that before life speeds up again!

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

Beautiful! I have to say I absolutely love visiting your neck of the wood because of the "no city lights"; I really can't wait for canning . . . I need my sister more and more these days . . .the doctor upped up medications and so now I shake and look like a freak (I hope you don't think I am one when you see me).

Miss you lots and love you much more!

Megan said...

Hey susan! I would be happy to answer and questions that your friend has about hypotonia. We're not experts, but we have been through enough to know a little bit! You can give her my email address if you want to.

Also, when you mentioned your friend Quin, were you referring to Quin Card????